We have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team, helping our customers gain an amazing workspace within their budget.
The successful candidate will get to travel to various sites across the UK and report to the Operations Manager.
- Work closely with both sales, design and contracts teams in delivering commercial support and management including cost planning and estimating function
- Measure and quantify labour, plant and materials as part of the estimating and delivery function
- Provide commercial awareness and support to the APSS business
- Negotiate and procure subcontract works packages
- Formulate project interim and final accounts both upstream and downstream
- Assist with carrying out site surveys and scoping fit out works brief
- Visit sites to re-measure and agree subcontract accounts
- Assist APSS business with reviewing contract documentation
- Valuing and authorising subcontract and supplier invoices
- Cash flow forecasting and cost value reconciliation reporting
- Meet clients to understand a detailed project brief to allow tender and estimate to be prepared and presented
- Ensure we meet all Health and Safety standards/procedures both on-site and in office
- Ensure we meet all ISO Quality Standards/procedures both on-site and in office
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good business sense
- Own initiative and enthusiasm
- The ability to be self-motivated and work as part of a team
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Excellent time management
- Good IT and Commercial Management Skills
- Full driving licence
Quantity Surveying HND/HNC/Degree qualification or equivalent
Company car, pension scheme, laptop, mobile phone, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
Although the successful candidate will have an office based in Lincoln, they will be expected to travel across the country to varying sites.
APSS is a privately owned company that specialises in commercial interior design and fit-outs for offices, retail, industrial, educational, and healthcare facilities.
Since 1997, the company has helped businesses to create an amazing impression on their customers and visitors through fit outs and refurbishments of their premises. Our team of experts ensure our customers get the best use of their space, boosting staff productivity and morale. APSS prides itself on being approachable and innovative in its designs.
Based in Lincoln, in the East Midlands, APSS operates across the UK.
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties as directed by a supervising manager. The responsibility level of any duties should not exceed those outlined above.