We are looking for an experienced site manager to join our team of experts. If you have good attention to detail, a trade background and excellent communications skills, we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will travel to various sites across the UK and report to the senior projects manager.
- Work closely with both sales, design and contracts teams in delivering projects
- Manage and implement health and safety procedures on site
- Ensure that direct labour and subcontractors deliver works within the requirements of the project specification and drawings
- Assist in negotiation and procurement of subcontract works packages
- Assist project quantity surveyor in the formulation of interim and final accounts both upstream and downstream
- Assist with carrying out site surveys and scoping of fit-out and shell works
- Implement APSS Ltd site procedures and processes
- Measure and procure materials plant and labour on projects in support of project quantity surveyor
- Ensure a quality product is delivered for all our customers
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe site
- Carry out construction programming and prepare works schedules
- Work within parameters of the company's Quality and Environmental System procedures;
- Work within the parameters of the company Health and Safety policy.
- Must be from a trade background, multi-skilled and able to drop back into the role when required and necessary
- Own initiative and enthusiasm
- The ability to be self-motivated and work as part of a team
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Excellent time management
- Good IT and Commercial Management Skills
- Full driving licence
- SMSTS or SSTS
- CSCS card
- First aid
- Forklift Training
Company van, pension scheme, mobile phone, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
Office base Lincoln, national coverage.
APSS is a privately owned company that specialises in commercial interior design and fit-outs for offices, retail, industrial, educational, and healthcare facilities.
Since 1997, the company has helped businesses to create an amazing impression on their customers and visitors through fit outs and refurbishments of their premises. Our team of experts ensure our customers get the best use of their space, boosting staff productivity and morale. APSS prides itself on being approachable and innovative in its designs.
Based in Lincoln, in the East Midlands, APSS operates across the UK.
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties as directed by a supervising manager. The responsibility level of any duties should not exceed those outlined above.